Sunday, February 27, 2011

Trying Something New

I am going to try to get a Blog started so that Etowah High School Class of 1966 can see and post what they and Class Mates are currently involved.  Hopefully, it would be another way for members to reconnect, see News, and other things as this Blog is developed and maintained.

What I have hoped to do in the beginning is to have a post from each member with his or her history of the last 45 years.  Since it is on the computer, it does not have to be static.  We can start off with one page stating basics and then add as you have more things you remember that you would like to share about yourself.  Another area, is humorous or light hearted things you remember about other class mates or teachers.

This is not an exercise in perfection.  I have never done anything like this before and am only doing so with the encouragement of my daughter.  I wish I had more information about my parents era, called The Greatest Generation.  Maybe collectively we can leave some insight from our early years for our children, grandchildren, and others who follow.  I am not leaving out any who do not have children because you have nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends.

I am asking for your help and input as we develop this.

1 comment:

  1. The list on the left may have some typos or misinformation. If you see something wrong please advise me. We want to include information about our deceased members, also. Eventually, I want to have a profile with pictures of everyone and a chance to post memories of each other. Most of you I have not seen since graduation and almost all since I was drafted by the Army in 1968. I never returned to Etowah after the Army, except in passing thru.
    It would probably have continued that way if Lynda Lewis and some others had not started having ladies luncheons and invited men after BB threatened to crash the party. Your help and input is needed to make this something for which we can be proud.

    ReplyDelete