Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lynda Lewis

I can tell you about me: graduate of UTK, taught school in GA and SC for a total of 28 and 1/2 years, married to Joe for 13 years, divorced when he died making me a widow in the eyes of the law as neither of us had remarried. We had no children, so no grandchildren. Mary Grace Starnes used to tell us senior girls that a man would not coming knocking on our door--we had to get out and get involved in community activities to meet men. Joe knocked on my door one evening and invited me to his apartment to have a glass of wine in front of his fireplace and we were married nine months later. I do have a Great-nephew, Hayden McCormick, whom I keep several days a week and love like a grandson--if not more. I currently have a six pound, white Persian, female cat named Snuggles. I love to read, cross-stitch, and go on bus trips with the Senior Travel Club of a local bank or with the Decorative Arts Society of Atlanta.
Myrtle Beach would have to be my favorite place to return to time after time as I have so many friends there. I got to spend 10 days last December touring Morocco--had never been a place I planned to go but it was a great trip. I am going to Graceland with the bank group next month and to Boston with the Atlanta group for two weeks in September. I would like to see more of this country before leaving it again. The only places I really want to visit outside the US are the British Isles--not during the royal wedding!
I have also worked as a seamstress at the sewing mills in Etowah to earn money for college, as a hostess/cashier at a Holiday Inn in Chattanooga and the Sheraton in Athens, food service management for Morrison's, sold shoes at the Shoe Port in Myrtle Beach, managed a time-share resort, executive housekeeper for the Myrtle Beach Resort in Surfside Beach, worked for the govoner of SC accessing DSS files of abused and neglected children, church secretary, day camp counselor for the City of Myrtle Beach (8 summers), and care-giver for my parents (less than 2 years). I currently work approximately 3 days a week as a baby sitter for my Great Nephew for almost 3 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment