Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lee Ona Young

After finishing high school I moved to Atlanta and went to work as a secretary in a loan office. My job was very miserable (not what I wanted to do). Later I moved home to Etowah and went to work at Steel City and worked there about a year. While at Steel City I met my future husband Freddy McCulloch. I worked days and he worked nights. After our marriage in 1968, we moved back to Atlanta. I started beauty school in Atlanta while my husband worked for Southern Airlines. After several years we moved back to Etowah. My husband started working at Bowaters paper mill and I opened my beauty shop in East Etowah. I also operated a beauty shop in Woods Hospital in Etowah and NHC and LifeCare nursing homes in Athens as well assisted living Morning Pointe in Athens. After 10 years our son Freddy Jr., our pride and joy, was born. We built two houses in Etowah. In 2000, Freddy was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I was so blessed to be able to care for Freddy at home. I took early retirement to care for Freddy. During his illness for eight years, we traveled many places and countries. Freddy passed away in 2008. Freddy Jr. became a very successful financial advisor with Wells Fargo in Atlanta. I married Maurice, whom I knew many years at our church and his wife Linda has died two years prior to Freddy. Maurice and I have traveled much and visited our families in Georgia, West Virginia and Texas.

Maurice Lynn and Lee Ona Young
2336 Highway 30E
Etowah, Tennessee 37331-5351

423-263-2794 Home
423-462-5212 Maurice
423-368-7902 Lee Ona

Our wedding picture site:
www.burleson-brownphotography.smugmug.com

"Welcome to this brand new day. This day has never been lived before. It’s a blank canvas. If you will it so, it can be your masterpiece. As you wake up this morning think of three things you’re grateful for and then get out there and live this day with all the joy, wonder and enthusiasm you can muster"...HHH

No comments:

Post a Comment